Workplace Relations lawyers on the Gold Coast
Find a Workplace Relations lawyer below
A Workplace Relations Lawyer practices in matters of workplace law, employment law and even industrial relations. Whether you need representation relating to either side of a wrongful dismissal, workplace agreements, workplace harassment, enterprise bargaining or any other legal matter pertaining to your employment, you need a Workplace Relations Lawyer.
You’ll find lawyers specialising in Workplace Relations in the list below.
ABKJ Lawyers - Adamson Bernays Kyle and Jones
The practice has been conducting business on the Gold Coast since 1970 and provides a comprehensive range of legal services to its clients, which include large corporations, local authorities and institutions as well as small business and private individuals located throughout the Gold Coast, Queensland, interstate and overseas. The partners specialise in their own specific areas of practice. While being one of the larger and longest established firms on the Gold Coast, they have not lost sight of the necessity to maintain sound personal relationships in dealing with all clients.
Adams Wilson Lawyers
Adams Wilson Lawyers provide specialist legal services on the Gold Coast for individuals and businesses, striving to offer the best legal services available to our clients.
The safety of workers and others in the workforce is a serious matter and can often be the subject of complex legislation in each state, territory and the commonwealth. Recent changes to the legislation has resulted in added obligations that each business must comply with. Let an experienced lawyer advise on Workplace Health and Safety requirements, risks and investigations and be sure to avoid substantial fines.
Workplace Health & Safety:
- Advice on WH&S Risks and compliance obligations
- WH&S Compliance Audits
- Attendance, to advice and assist clients on scene, in scenes where a person has been injured or killed in the workplace and an investigation and possibly a prosecution may occur as a result of the incident
- Advice and attendance at records of interview with investigators
- Representation in WH&S prosecutions
An employment relationship can turn sour when a termination occurs, and can create complications through legislative requirements that a termination of employment must be fair, just and reasonable and not for a discriminatory reason nor retribution. Many employers and contractors are also faced with the dilemma of having workers appointed as independent contractors when in reality such workers are employees, which imposes a significant risk to the employer's business in regards to taxation, employee entitlements and sham arrangement penalties under the Fair Work Act and Regulations.
Our Employment Lawyers offer the following services:
- Drafting of workplace policies and procedures
- Drafting Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment
- Advising on employee and independent contractor distinction
- Drafting Independent Contractors Agreements
- Advising on the terms in Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment
- Advising employees and employers regarding restraint of trade clauses in Contracts of Employment, drafting such clauses
- Litigating matter where there has been a breach of the Contract of Employment
- Advising on the termination of an employee's employment
- Advising and representing both employees and employers in unfair dismissal matters before the Fair Work Commission or the relevant state industrial relations commission
- Advising and representing both employees and employers in General Protections, Adverse Action matters before the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
Our law firm pro-actively keeps up to date with changes in the law and our experience, knowledge and skills are at the forefront of the field.
Suite 41 HQ Building, 58 Riverwalk Place, Robina Qld 4226
Phone: 1300 253 203 Fax: 1300 549 474